Monday, June 4, 2012

Can you see it?

I was doing so well...trying to keep all of the 9-patch blocks organized and labeled.  My 3 year old grand daughter came to visit and one of us tossed the box that I stored the blocks in while playing around and I had to reorganize the entire thing.  It took a while but I got it done.  So I started on making the chunks again.  Thought I had the top half of the quilt done.  I put the top right hand side up on the design wall.  I was really proud of myself and was looking at it in awe when I spotted it.  I stitched one of the blocks up side down...  Block B5... row one...first block.  At first I thought it was an optical illusion, so I kept looking  from afar and then I got up close and yep...My right side told me to leave it...no one would notice.  My left side (totally anal side) said are you kidding?  Take it down and fix it! What can I say...I am kinda anal that way and it is a gift.  So I fixed it.  The difference is noticeable ... to me it is.  Can you tell the difference?

 The Mistake

The Fix

2 comments:

Cheryl Willis said...

yes I 'see' it, I would have fixed it too, no one else would have noticed, especially after it is quilted. Congrats on getting so much done. Your fabrics are wonderful. I haven't made one with with a scrappy background (yet) The first one I did is quilted and gifted and has a similar design element- lol

lynne said...

it took me FOREVER to see it, even with your reference points. apparently graphing was not my strong point because it took forever for me to read and process correctly your co-ordinates. LOL once i spotted it, it was glaring to me. i would have fixed it too. but, i bet the average bear would not notice it......

i too love your choice of colors. it is beautiful!