Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I am off and running...

Well, there is a whole lot of cutting and stripping going on.  I have made some strip sets and cut the subsets.  This is a lot of work and the urge to rush through it is strong.  But I need to take my time with this and work in a consistent pattern or I will get bored and you know what happens then.  Bundled up and thrown in a basket until whenever.

So, this is a wedding quilt for a family friend, who actually got married last October.  She asked for a quilt and was willing to wait for it, but I want to get this made for Jennifer. It will be a scrappy quilt with primarily purples and greens.  The background is going to be made up of various neutrals.  I am still trying to decide on the dark color for the celtic stripe.  Deborah used black in her pattern, and that would work for me.  I have enough of the Michael Miller blackest black to do this but some of the purples are dark and I want the stripe to standout with the other colors.  Any ideas for a different color???  Here are a couple of pictures.  The first picture is turned around - don't know what happened, but you can see some of the fabric.  They show some of the color variations as well.  I think this is going to be a very pretty and colorful quilt.  I am excited.   Thanks Cheryl for sharing.  I had no idea what I was going to do and when you posted about this quilt, the light bulb went on!  Robin




3 comments:

Cheryl Willis said...

Looking good, could you stand to go Orange or Red or even Yellow? I is harder getting the contrast between purple and black, I did one with pink, purple and greens.

Livin' Blue Quilter said...

you know I thought about orange and I have a lot of it. I will think about it and make up my mind by by the weekend. I guess if I hadn't used green as my second color, I wouldn't be having this issue.

lynne said...

my original was purple, green and black, but my greens and purples were more muted and mediums so the black worked well. yellows, blues, oranges, browns.....any of those would be really nice looking, but i would stay away from the black in your case.....can't wait to see what you choose to use.